The Environments of "Killtopia"

Over the past six months I was involved with a project called " Killtopia". My podcasting partner Chris Nichols was working on this short animated film and asked me if I would like to design the commercials for the animated short.

Year
2022
Client
"Killtopia" / Voltaku
Project
Various
role
CG Artist - 3D scene development

The team was essentially myself and Chris as I put this world together.. I used 3ds Max for conversion, Maya, Substance Painter, substance Designer, Vray and Nuke. We were fortunate enough to have KitBash 3D donate kits so we can do rubble and street layout a lot easier.

Layout in Maya - I broke out the scenes into large referenced Pieces, so the total maya saved file size was about 45 mb's. All the different street corners and rubble, glowing signs etc.. I made separately so I can work faster and change on the fly

Early Birds Eye
Top down .. all the different scenes

d

All the scenes were rendered either as a sequence or as a projection over scan - which I brought into nuke and did a rebuild - making it easier on the rendering since it was just myself and Chris
Rough Character Block in
The Environments of  "Killtopia"